Friday, December 15, 2006

Done!

Yesterday, I had my exit interview with the acting head of the nursing department, thereby signalling the end of my nursing school career. I must admit that I am a little stunned that the end has arrived, although when people tell me they can't believe how quickly it went, I want to throw up in my mouth a little. This was a long two years, and although it easy at the end to think that it sped by, in reality it did not. I felt every one of those days...and now that they are behind me, I feel a little lost.

The biggest change so far is that I have been home to cook dinner for my husband for the last three nights. I used to be good for about one meal per week, and it was easy to handle. Now, I am experiencing a little stage fright. Some time in the afternoon yesterday, I started wondering what I was going to make for dinner. I did my usual meat with a side of veggies and a side of starch on Tuesday. On Wednesday, my mom came over for fajitas...which I made out of a kit. And last night? Last night, I went to that aisle in the grocery store that has all the sauce mixes and chose the stroganoff mix. And last night I was able to pull out a homerun...Bill was very impressed with my skill. I didn't tell him about the sauce mix. Tonight, I get a reprieve, as he will be going to pack Christmas baskets with the Knights of Columbus. Therefore, I will be home alone with Otto...and he doesn't really care what I make!

No comments: