Monday, July 05, 2010

Update on my retail shopping ban...

Well, here it is July 5th, and I have already faced so much temptation with my retail shopping ban!  Within two days of beginning this project, I got an e-mail from a friend offering to sell me an extra Eureka Envirosteamer that she has because of some Amazon snafu.  Apparently, she ordered it from them, cancelled the order, and got it somewhere else, but they didn't follow through with the cancellation.  Luckily, she is a good friend who is used to my quirks, and she is holding it until August 1, at which point I will head over to her house and come home with my new friend!  Is it weird that I am this excited about a steam cleaner?  I look at my tile floor and think about how clean it could be, and it's pretty exciting!  Yeah, okay, that is weird.

On Saturday (3 days into the ban), I opened my mailbox to find two belated birthday gift cards from one of my family's oldest friends (in duration of friendship, not age).  One was for The Body Shop (which we don't have a bricks and mortar location of anymore), and the other was from Old Navy (think they know me well?).  The thought of waiting until August with these burning a hole in my pocket was KILLING me!  And when I went on The Body Shop's website and realized they were having their big sale, I rationalized myself into making a purchase.  I did have to drop about $8 out of my own pocket for tax and shipping, but I did stick with the exact amount of the gift card for the product prices, so I pulled the trigger on it.  I got some lip glosses, a deodorant, and a body butter, and that gift card is now history.  I will save the Old Navy one because I do plenty of shopping there, but it's been so long since I shopped at The Body Shop that I just couldn't wait!

Back on the wagon!  When is this month over, again?

No comments: