Thursday, May 14, 2009

DEP DELAY

I sit now in the airport in Orlando with what is being reported on-line to be a three-hour flight delay, which means we will be departing sometime after 9PM for our triumphant return to the northeast. I am multi-tasking right now, using my iPod touch both to blog and to listen to this damned audiobook. I have officially come down off my vacay high and find myself just annoyed that my schedule is being messed up this way.

Our vacation was fantastic, I am happy to report. We spent two days with my grandparents at The Villages (Florida's friendliest hometown), followed by two days with my grandmother in the Largo area. And after that, as chronicled in my Facebook updates, we headed to Walt Disney World, at which point wireless internet service became a thing of my past. I had to use my cell phone for updates instead...I figure it will take me weeks to catch up on all that happened while I was away!

This trip was me, my sister, and my parents, setting off on an adventure I called the Thomas Family Rides Again. We used to visit Disney World quite often throughout my childhood amd teenage years, and it was so great to revisit one of our favorite places on earth! We stayed at the Pop Century resort, which was delightful in its tackiness!

We were able to see all four of the major parks, and we were able to ride all our favorites...save Space Mountain, which was closed for refurbishing. We got to hit some great new rides as well, such as Expedition Everest (a fantastic roller coaster), Soarin' (awesome), and Toy Story Midway Mania, which may be my new favorite. We also got to see old favorites, such as Peter Pan's Flight, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, It's a Small World, the Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Spaceship Earth, Test Track, and Dinosaur. It was awesome.

And now, the gate has given a departure time...9:30PM. It's going to be a long night!


-- Posted from my iPod touch

No comments: