Saturday, September 01, 2007

Scenes from my library...

I read...a lot. I am constantly reading a book and buying more books and trying to find places to stack books so that said stacks of books will not annoy my husband too much. I have a variety of baskets situated throughout my house that hold nothing but books. And I just bought another large Longaberger basket that will probably end up holding, well, books.

Many bloggers have reading lists situated somewhere in their blogs. I have never attempted to do a comprehensive list because I go through books so quickly that I could not in any way attempt to tell you what I have read this year. I probably read about 100 books a year. Some of my favorite authors are Jodi Picoult, Jennifer Weiner, Luanne Rice, Kristin Hannah, Nicholas Sparks, Debbie Macomber, Susan Elizabeth Phillips, and Susan Wiggs. I am constantly looking for new authors to read because I have read just about everything written by my favorite authors, and the time between their new releases must be filled somehow. I lean toward books with strong female characters that find love and new life, and I love any book that takes place near the ocean. I love series in which I can get to know characters and read about them again and again. And I love that Amazon looks at what I am reading and recommends other books to me. I have found some great authors that way!

In 2008, there are some things that I really want to do. One is that I want to become a better photographer (once I get my new camera), and for that I want to take some classes. I also want to continue doing well with Weight Watchers and not let my probable slip-ups during the holidays be my downfall. I want to be more aware of where my money is going and to learn that having more things is not necessarily better. And I want to actually keep track of what I am reading and when I am reading it so that I can look back at the end of the year and actually know how many books I read that year.

Since I read my first Nancy Drew book back when I was in elementary school, I have been hooked on books. And still, one of my favorite things to do is to curl up with a good book...or two.

What are you reading?

1 comment:

Dirka said...

Lately I've been obsessed with Jodi Piccoult, too. I just started reading her, and I can't stop!