Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Injured Reserve

In typical Mary style, I have managed to injure myself yet again in a manner usually reserved for children. On my way to the door I use to go into work this morning, I took a header right on the sidewalk. Luckily, it was 6:20 AM, so I am pretty sure no one saw me. My left ankle turned, and down I went, like a ton of bricks. My family calls episodes like this "Pulling a Mary." Suffice to say this has happened more than once...

Now, I am left with a sprained left ankle (I would imagine from the hefty body weight of your's truly) coming down on it in a less-than-supportive manner, as well as a nice cut/brush burn on my right knee. I am hobbling around like I am 100 years old. Luckily, a fancy ACE brand wrap/brace is making my ankle feel better. However, my knee is killing me because I just pulled off the bandage I made at work out of gauze and tape. Wouldn't you want me taking care of your premature infant?

Well, at least I have another story tell...

1 comment:

Gunngirl said...

Ouch! I'm glad it's just a sprain. I don't know if that makes it better. I'm a hefty gal too and when I fell I fell on my foot...and broke it.

I hope you feel better, glad the bandage helps.

Maybe use another door next time. ;)