Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Working on me...

Well, it's day two of my quest to stop my habit of putting into my body any little piece of food that looks good. So far, like the beginning of any "diet," things are going well. I had a good day yesterday, I was minimally hungry, and I had some water, although not as much as I should have. I also had only diet soda, even though there is a 12-pack of Cherry Coke taunting me in my garage. It is right next to its sister, Diet Cherry Coke, and that is just fine for me.

My next big challenge will be to get this body moving. I am so not motivated to go walk outside. The hills in this neighborhood are daunting, and the cold weather doesn't exactly draw me outside. I plan to look into a gym membership as soon as my income jumps after the start of my new job...for now, I am feeling like today might be a good day to lie around and read and watch TV and do a whole lot of nothing, until I head into work for the evening shift.

Otto is happy to have me home for the day, as evidenced by the fact that, after we came in from a trip outside, he JUMPED ON TOP OF THE TABLE IN THE BREAKFAST NOOK. Just sprung right off the ground and landed with all four paws on top of the table. And then thought better of it and hightailed it on down. The look on his face was priceless..."Oh, crap, what did I do now?" He has calmed down somewhat, now that he has ripped the stuffing out of the toy my mom gave him for Christmas. He couldn't let that elephant get the best of him!

Oh, yeah. It's a good day.

No comments: