Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 in review...

Many bloggers are posting their year in review stories, and I feel compelled to do the same, although it's pretty clear what this year has been all about for me!

Things I accomplished this year...
-moved out of my parents' house and in with Bill
-got drunk and threw up on a complete stranger at the (forced) conclusion of my bachelorette party
-married Bill
-became stepmom to Collin and Connor
-finished nursing school
-accepted a job working as a graduate nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit of a local hospital (I start on January 22!!!!)

Tonight, we head to the home of my brother-in-law and his wife to celebrate the New Year with family. Every year we go there, and every year I get a little drunk. I don't expect this year to be any different.

Upcoming for 2007...
-starting that job in the NICU
-using my nice new salary to work on paying off debt
-continuing to train one Otto Graham
-working on adding a baby to the family

Happy New Year!

**********
On a totally unrelated note, last night Bill and I headed up to the Mohegan Sun slots parlor in Wilkes Barre, and I won $240 on a $1 slot machine. I ended up losing $50 to said machine, but I ended up ahead in the game! Go, me! Mary needs a new pair of shoes! No, really. I need a new pair of shoes for (did I mention this?) my new job! Apparently two years of nursing school is all my Danskos had in them. Bring on my new white Dansko Mary Janes!

No comments: