Saturday, December 10, 2005

Tagged-ish

Over a week ago, Crazy Aunt Purl tagged the entire internets with this MeMe. I was in the midst of blogger's block, so I was gonna use this as my springboard to get going again. However, apparently I became unblocked because I never got around to it. However, I think it's a good one, so I am bringing it back here.

TEN random things you might not know about me.
1: My car looks like I live out of it (people who actually know me know this, but the Blogosphere may not).
2: I prefer fast food and chain restaurants to many fancy food places.
3: I complain about getting up for work at 5:30, but when I don't have to work, I get up at 5:30 anyway.
4: I want at least three dogs, but I figure my fiance won't be down with more than one...or maybe two.
5: I sing in the car and shower...badly.
6: I also sing in church and imagine that God makes me sound better there because, you know, it's His House and everything.
7: I used to be a bad driver. While knocking on wood, I will tell you that things are much better now.
8: I love cookies better than any other dessert item, except for my friend Sarah's mom's homemade yellow cake with chocolate icing and peach cobbler made in a Dutch oven over a campfire at Girl Scout camp.
9: There was a time when I was a better cook in a Dutch oven over a campfire at Girl Scout camp than I was in a kitchen.
10: My favorite vacation spot is Walt Disney World, and I would rather go there than explore foreign places, which leads me to...

NINE places I’ve visited
1: Walt Disney World
2: Mt. Desert Island, Maine
3: Colorado Springs, Breckenridge, and Denver, Colorado
4: Charlotte, North Carolina
5: Cleveland, Ohio
6: San Antonio, Texas
7: New York, New York
8: Medford, New York
9: The Villages, Florida (Florida's largest retirement community, complete with a promotional video starring Robin Leach)

EIGHT ways to win my heart
1: Hugs before kisses.
2: Let me get a dog as soon as I move into your house (well, this will work only for Bill).
3: Ask me to marry you (again with the only for Bill).
4: When you see that I am really enjoying knitting, ask me to knit you something. It makes me feel much better than just creating endless scarves for, well, myself.
5: Sometimes just let me talk...you know I do it, so just put up with it.
6: Surprise me with some weekend plans.
7: Look out for my emotional well-being.
8: More hugs, please!

SEVEN things I want to do before I die
1: Get a small dog and take him most places with me.
2: Have a child or two.
3: Become one of those crazy football moms for my soon-to-be stepsons (you know, the type who dresses all in school colors and bring a cowbell and wears one of those big mum corsages to the Big Game).
4: Live in a city, possibly in the south.
5: Show the people I love how much they mean to me.
6: Become a better cook.
7: Meet some of my friends from the Blogosphere and my Diamonds girls.

SIX things I’m afraid of
1: Never paying off my debt.
2: Losing those I love.
3: Being alone.
4: Never losing all this extra weight I am carrying around.
5: Never finding the perfect pair of jeans.
6: The NCLEX exam I have to take to become an RN...although I do tend to do well with those standardized-type test things.

FIVE things I don't like
1: Brussel sprouts.
2: Sushi.
3: Being paycheck-to-paycheck.
4: That I can't afford more cute shoes right now.
5: That I have to buy my clothes so big because, well, my ass is so big right now.

FOUR ways to turn me off
1: Don't respect my opinion.
2: Be negative all the time.
3: Drink beer to excess...ALL THE TIME.
4: Act like you deserve special treatment.

THREE Things I do everyday
1: Shower.
2: Read.
3: Knit.

TWO things that make me happy
1: Spending time with my certain someone.
2: Finishing the workday.

ONE thing on my mind right now
1: How good that bacon smells that my dad is cooking...I love weekend breakfasts!

Alright, since she already tagged the whole internets, I will just tag the whole internets, squared. Work with me here, people!

No comments: