Wednesday, April 06, 2005

FRIENDS!

I have a warm fuzzy feeling right now because I have hit the new high of TWO comments for a post! And it is so much more fun to write now that I know for a fact that people are reading! I am feeling some pressure because I want to entertain, and I don't have a specific topic in mind right now, so instead I will talk a bit about my friends.

Friends come from many different places. Some of the women who know my deepest, darkest secrets are people I have never met in person before but to whom I speak often. These would be my eDiets friends who help keep me sane. We came together because we had some common goals and issues, and in the process of working on ourselves, we have become a little support group that can count on each other for just about anything. Some people think it's weird that we have gotten so close, but for us it just feels right.

I have two best friends left over from my high school days who knew me back when my bangs were big and I tight-rolled my jeans. We survived roller skating parties, AP Calculus, and time away at different colleges, and now these are the friends that make me feel like I am at home. They have known me for a good 17 years now, and they still like me! I am lucky to have them.

And I would be remiss if I failed to mention the members of my family who are also my friends. The first is my sister, who used to drive me crazy but who grew up to be an amazing person and one of my best friends. I can count on my sister to tell me the truth in all circumstances, even if it means letting me know that I am being (take your pick...crazy, bitchy, lazy, etc.). And the other is my cousin who lives a few hours away but who is a fellow Verizon Wireless customer, meaning we can pass hours on our cell phones AT NO CHARGE! It is only recently that we have begun to talk more and more, but we have known each other since we were babies and have a lot of history.

So when I am complaining about my shrinking bank account and the size of my thighs and the stress I am under, I know that even though these things seem completely stressful and out-of-control to me, I am one of the lucky ones because I am surrounded by people who care about me, and some of those people are READING MY BLOG! It just doesn't get much better than this.

No comments: