Monday, November 30, 2009

Another free book!

I have been on a roll, winning advanced copies of books on Goodreads.  At last count, I have won five books, and the second of those books arrived in my mailbox today.  It was an advanced copy of Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers.  As I mentioned in my last post, I have paid more attention this year to YA books, and this is one I was excited to read.  Although I haven't read the first book by this author (Cracked Up to Be), I have heard great things about it and have it on my TBR list.

Some Girls Are is basically about what happens when one of the popular girls finds herself on the wrong side of her former clique.  It is full of teenage drama and angst, and I would say that it is a guilty pleasure kind of book for someone whose 15 year high school reunion was held just this past weekend.  Reading it, I could remember what it felt like to be in high school, worried so much about what everyone else was thinking when they looked at you.

The main character, Regina, was someone I couldn't help but like, even when she did things that were truly cringe-worthy.  My desire to see what happened next kept me turning page after page, and I read the book in one sitting this evening, in about an hour and a half, and I found myself thrilled with what I would consider the perfect ending.

If you are a fan of the YA genre and are looking for a good read, check this one out...you won't be disappointed!

No comments: