Monday, November 26, 2007

Detox

After a "holiday weekend" that started on Tuesday and ended late last night, my digestive system is a mess of indigestion, and it's time for some detox. We have one day less than one month until Christmas, and I don't want to use that month to gain back the 20+ pounds I have lost on Weight Watchers. I don't know that I will use that time lose a large amount of additional weight, but I would like at least to maintain those results.

Eating like I have for the last six days will not make that happen.

I had good intentions, as I usually do. I figured I would be "good" until Wednesday (and weigh in Wednesday morning), go off course for Thursday and Friday, and step back on the bandwagon on Saturday. After all, I was working the weekend, so I should have been able to moderate things pretty well.

I might have failed at that.

Reason number one is that Bill's Aunt Mary sent home for me a whole apple crumb pie, the best pie I have ever tasted, my favorite pie in the whole world. I polished that off sometime Sunday morning, while at work (in the 1 AM area of things). Reason number two is that I had not been grocery shopping in about two weeks (due to a cash flow problem), and therefore I had to stop and pick up things to eat. I could have picked up salads at the grocery store. However, instead, many of my meals came from either McDonald's or the wing bar at Giant. Mea culpa. And reason number three is the big family dinner that we had at my parents's house last night, followed by a BBW floorset and trip to Applebee's for half-price appetizers. My sister's boyfriend made ribs with homemade barbecue sauce, with a side of homemade biscuits. I contributed roasted root vegetables. At the floorset, we had a Jimmy John's sandwich tray and some carrots and dip. At Applebee's, four of us split five appetizers, and we each had a dessert shooter. It was a fitting end to a time of excess.

But now I don't feel so good.

The plan for this week is lots of water, less processed food, and a big, old apology to my insides. When I fall off the wagon, I fall hard. And now I will fight to drag myself back on that wagon again.

No comments: