Friday, March 16, 2007

White Out

We are having a freakin' blizzard outside right now. Otto and I are holed up in the house, and at least one of us is praying that the power doesn't go out. Here in the mountains, a loss of power means a loss of lights, a loss of heat, a loss of hot water, and a loss of running water. If that happens, Otto and I will be huddled in bed under all the covers, trying to keep warm...if I can keep the damned dog still long enough.

I am scheduled to work tomorrow. I have to get up at 4:00 AM and decide if that is going to actually happen because I have to call in 2 hours before my scheduled shift if I can't make it in. By the looks of things now, I can't imagine that I will be able to make it in. I expect to find my car tomorrow, at the bottom of the driveway where I left it, buried in a snowdrift. I can't imagine I will feel a real strong desire to dig it out in the pitch dark at 5:00 in the morning.

Spring? Are you there?

No comments: