Thursday, August 17, 2006

Homebound

Here's how crazy things are getting around here, kids. I can't wait to go to work tomorrow. Yes, I said it. I am looking forward to going to a place where I sometimes have to hurt people by sticking needles in their veins and where sometimes poop ends up on my clothes. I have clearly gone up around the bend.

When I have the opportunity to choose to spend a day at home doing nothing, I love it. I do some knitting, do some reading, do some TV-watching, catch up on my DVRed programs, maybe do a little laundry, and delight in not getting out of my pajamas if I don't want to. Now, I am on Day 2 of Enforced Homebound Status (due to The Car that Won't Back Up, Dammit), and I can't wait for Bill to come home and take me grocery shopping. If he doesn't get here soon, I am opening up a bottle of wine, and I won't be responsible for what happens after that.

Tomorrow, my sweet and loving fiance is taking me to work, and my mom is picking me up. Then I will be hanging out at her house until Bill can come retrieve me. Saturday morning, at 9:05 AM, I have an appointment at the Subaru dealer down where my parents live to test drive and hopefully buy a 2007 Subaru Forester. And then I am hoping that I can have the car by Monday.

But I might just go batshit crazy before then...

No comments: