Friday, July 07, 2006

The nature, it's everywhere...

Those of you who have been keeping up with me lately (not so hard with the long pauses between posts) may recall that a certain robin built a certain nest above the porch light on our back deck (Notice my smooth transition from calling it "Bill's" deck to calling it "our" deck...thank you very much). Well, the babies have hatched, and Bill got it all in pictures. This from the man who wanted the bird's nest gone...he even called me today to tell me that he was glad that I hadn't let him knock the nest down.

Here, we have exhibit A...action from the Mama Bird:

And here they are...the happy little family:


In unrelated, and yet still nature-y, news, here's more nature residing in our world:


P.S. I would like to point out that that nest is a freakin' work of art! I can't believe how nice it is!

P.P.S. I can't wait until the flying lessons start...that will be a sight to see!

P.P.P.S. It turns out that living up here isn't all that bad.

1 comment:

Gunngirl said...

The pic of the yard (is that a deer?) is beautiful! the lovely grass and trees, awesome.

Oh, and check to make sure the baby birds haven't fallen out of the next. At the end of my block there is a birds next somewhere on the building but I have found dead baby birds on the ground more than once. Sniff

So, look out for them! :)

Beautiful pics, too.