Sunday, May 14, 2006

Somewhere out there...

Somewhere out there, there was a woman that we knew only as Cancer, Baby, blogging about her fight against ovarian cancer, along with her fight against infertility. Those of us who have kids or dream of having kids traveled with her as she told her story. Now, her story has come to an end, as Cancer, Baby, known in her real life as Jessica, has passed away at the age of 33.

I didn't read her site daily, although it was at one time on my Blogroll. However, every once in a while, I would be reminded of her by something, and I would check in to see how she was doing. As she became sicker, it became apparent that she would not be living out her dream of becoming a mother. However, she did become an inspiration to blogging women everywhere, as she opened her life to us and shared her story.

Rest in peace, Jessica. You will be missed.

1 comment:

Gunngirl said...

Oh my god, that's so sad. 33? That is way too young. I'm so sorry to hear that news, I guess it was nice that she was able to blog out her worries and frustrations.

I really am sorry to hear this. Yes, may she rest in peace.