Thursday, July 28, 2005

I.S.O. a good foot rub...

So I hadn't worked regularly for about seven months, and last week I started working at the hospital. I will be a part-time employee there once I am oriented, but for now I am working 32-40 hours per week. My feet? NOT HAPPY. They would like to divorce themselves from my body and go back to lounging around the house all day. However, I would be lost without them.

It got so bad today that I got in my car after work, took off my shoes and socks, and then drove home. My shoes are good ones...white Dansko clogs. And they work for me...as long as I am not on my feet for eight straight hours, four days in a row. After that, nothing would possibly be comfortable, even these shoes that I consider The Best Ever. So I will soon be heading out to buy a different pair of shoes to alternate with the Danskos. Maybe if I shake it up a little, my feet will start speaking to me again...

10 comments:

Jen said...

I am missing my foot rubs lately. My wonderful husband normally rubs my feet every night, but he is on a different shift from me right now, so I am in the same boat as you are!

NME said...

If you don't have one already - get a foot bath and soak your feet after a long shift. It helps alot.

patrice said...

I have alot of foot issues, most of which have some sort of comfort-reducing result. it sucks when your feet hurt. it's worse when your shoes don't help the situation. I agree with nicole on the foot soak...though it seems to only help in the hour after you soak them. a good recliner and a handy remote always help, too.

gunngirl said...

I don't nothing will work like feet soaking, but I have bad foot problems too, mostly in the heel, but just FINALLY getting off my feet helps. Just sit, prop them up and relax for a while.

Better shoes are priceless.

kt said...

i heard that those "croc" shoes are excellent for doctors and nurses! don't know if they'll let you wear them though..

M.Thom said...

I actually have some Crocs, but they are light blue. I might have to order a pair of more closed-in white ones though. They are really comfortable!

grody jo-dee said...

i have total sympathy for you poor little feet! I worked retail for many years, and i remember the feeling. my mom is an RN too, and she likes ecco. it's good to have variety. for the pain, i recommend ben gay (not just for seniors anymore!) and elevating your feet above your heart. feel better! :)

GlitterGlamGirl05 said...

OUCH!!! My feet hurt for you!

M.Thom said...

Good news! Ordered some white Crocs today! Please come soon, Crocs! My feet need you!

jon said...

half price textbook are so expensive. I agree, We have been looking for half price textbook all night for a new half price textbook class but havent been able to track down used half price textbook that I can afford. Anyway, I enjoyed looking at you half price textbook blog...

jon